There are many opportunities for parents, family members and people from the community to be involved at East Adelaide School.
Areas include but are not limited to:
- Governing Council
- Sub committees of Governing Council including:
- Parents and Friends
- Finance Advisory
- Out of School Hours Care Advisory
- Assets and Landscaping
- After School Sports
- Learning support and classroom assistance
- Listening to reading
- Coaching after school sports teams
- Working bees
- SAPSASA, sports carnivals and activities
- Special events such as Harmony Day, Grandparents’/Special Friends’ Day & Sports Day
All regular volunteers and helpers are required to have:
- a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) with a copy of the certificate to be provided to the school
- completed the on line Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN-EC) Training (with a copy of the certificate provided to the school)
- attended a face-to-face site Volunteer Induction Meeting; completed and returned all volunteer forms
- have your COVID vaccination status sighted at the Volunteer Induction Meeting or by admin personnel in the front office.
All volunteers and helpers are required to sign in on arrival and wear a visitors badge.
Information about volunteering, on line RRHAN-EC training and application forms for Working with Children Check (WWCC) can be obtained from the school office.
Please note that all volunteers are bound to comply with all local site requirements and policies and are also bound to comply with the Department for Education Volunteer Policy.