There are many opportunities for parents, family members and people from the community to be involved at East Adelaide School.
Areas include but are not limited to:
- Governing Council
- Sub committees of Governing Council including:
- Parents and Friends
- Finance Advisory
- Out of School Hours Care Advisory
- Assets and Landscaping
- After School Sports
- Learning Environment Working Party
- Learning support and classroom assistance
- Listening to reading
- Coaching after school sports teams
- Working bees
- SAPSASA, sports carnivals and activities
- Special events such as Harmony Day, Grandparents’/Special Friends’ Day & Sports Day
Parents, friends and community members are also welcome to attend our assemblies, held fortnightly on Friday mornings from 9.10am, (dates and times published in the school newsletter and on the website calendar).
All regular volunteers and helpers are required to have:
- a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) to assess their suitability for working with children
- completed the on line Responding to Abuse & Neglect (RAN) Training (with a copy of the certificate provided to the school)
Volunteers must also familiarise themselves with the school’s Volunteer expectations and complete the School’s volunteer agreement. All volunteers and helpers are required to sign in on arrival, wear a visitors badge and have undertaken and Work Health and Safety induction prior to commencing their volunteering.
Information about volunteering, on line RAN training and application forms for Working with Children Check (WWCC) can be obtained from the school office and costs associated will be covered by the school for regular volunteers.
Please note that all volunteers are bound to comply with all local site requirements and policies and are also bound to comply with the Department for Education Volunteer Policy.
East Adelaide School