East Adelaide School offers a wide range of sports and skill development activities for all Reception to Year 7 students.
Playing sport is an excellent way to encourage an appreciation of physical activity, team building and playing games to socially agreed rules and procedures. Training and matches are played before or after school or on weekends.
Teams are coached by volunteer parents who require DCSI clearance and volunteer training.
The out of school hours sports and activities are organised by the After School Sports Co-ordinator in consultation with the After School Sports Committee. Some of the Sports Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
• The distribution of information in relation to out of school hours sports to staff, students and families
through school website, newsletters, Konnective and at Assembly
• The nomination of teams, including the organisation of team registration fees
• Appointing students to teams in liaison with teaching staff
• Organising Meet and Greet Coaches sessions, Sports Presentation and thank-you to volunteers
The East Adelaide School After School Sports is a sub-committee of the East Adelaide Governing Council and meets twice a term. Membership of the After School Advisory Committee includes:
• The Principal or representative of the leadership team
• A member of Governing Council
• The After School Sports Co-ordinator
• Staff representation, Physical Education teacher
Parents/carers are welcome to join or assist the Committee.
The school also runs many sporting activities and events during school time that are co-ordinated by the school Physical Education teacher Catherine Watkins.
These include events such as the Sports Day, Orienteering, Fun Runs, Tennis Hotshots, Football, Cricket and Soccer Clinics, SAPSASA district events such as athletics, participation in knockout competitions and state championships, interhouse sports and school championships.
Volunteers who assist in our school are required to undertake a Child-related Employment Screening; forms may be downloaded from the Volunteering page and must be returned to the school for lodgement.
NOTE: All downloads open in a new browser window
|Download||File Size||File Type|
|After School Sports Policy and Procedures||241KB||Adobe PDF|
|SAPSASA Policy and Procedures||151KB||Adobe PDF|
|After School Sports Hot Weather Policy||145KB||Adobe PDF|
|Term 2 and 3 All Other Sports Registration Form||317KB||Adobe PDF|
|Term 2 and 3 NETBALL ONLY Registration Form||268KB||Adobe PDF|
|Chesslife Permission Form||255KB||Adobe PDF|